Monday, March 5, 2012

Hi, I'm not from here...Can I have a photo with you?



I only have 2 months left...this makes me soo sad! Two months sounds like so much but in all reality I've already been here 2 months and it feels like its just been 2 days! Anyway enough about my feelings and more about this last week and weekend!!! 
Last week was mid-terms...AHHHH!!! I was freaking a leak every day because I either had a paper due or an exam to study for. For the most part, I think they went okay but I will find out my grades this week. After class on Thursday (I don't have class Friday) we all went to play some soccer to take out the stress of our week on the ball. Boy did I ever! I made a goal! Woooo! Always exciting when I do something good on the court because o man do those Peruvians put us to shame! After I got home that night I went with Fabricio and Nela to one of Fabricio's friends houses and we sat and talked until 2 am! The next morning I had to get up at the crack of dawn because I was going to the beach with a few friends. We got to the beach at about 9 am and spent all day there. It was soo much fun! I have never been in stronger waves...they were crazy! The waves took me, threw me back, flipped me, slammed me on the bottom, and I couldn't do a think about it! At one point when I was under water flipping like I was in a dryer I thought "I am literally going to diiiieeee!" But, obviously...all is well, I survived! Later, a friend of mine and I made a deal that if I spoke in English I would have to go up to a random guy and ask for a picture. Well, what do you know..I forgot and accidentally said one little sentence in English. Soooo I had to go up to some random guy and say "Hi, I'm not from here...Can I have a photo with you?" The guy was really confused but complied and took a photo. Then, his friend was all excited and wanted to take a picture with me too and they were whippin out their cameras! That night I had pizza with my family.  At supper Fabricio told me he is going to cry when I leave in April, talk about making my day!!!!!! After supper, I headed to a friends house for movies and grilled cheese. The next day I slept in and then went to get a pedicure with a few girls. That night 3 friends came to my house and we danced American dances with Nela. We then headed to a disco in Miraflores and came back around 3 am. On Sunday I slept in (clearly) and then had lunch with Nela around 2. That night, after Fabio got off work, we went to the center of Lima and ate some snacks at a really nice restaraunt in a beautiful hotel down there. At 11 pm we all decided we were hungry so we ordered burritos from our favorite resteraunt. The catch to these so called burritos is they don't use salsa. The first time I went to the resteraunt with Fabio he asked me what sauce I wanted and I was confused because when I read the list it said things like mayo, ketchup, tarter sauce, mustard, etc. So he told me his favorite is ketchup and tartar sauce. Sunday night marks the 4th "burrito" I have eaten with ketchup and tartar sauce instead of salsa. I must say it is growing on me!!! This week will be rather calm because we had midterms last week which means I have almost no homework due this week! wooo!! On Sunday we will leave for 3 days to Ica and I am soo excited! 
The beach "Santa Maria"

The random guy I took a picture 

No comments:

Post a Comment